Dad can talk in whole sentences now. He has to speak them about five times before we can understand. He sounds like a sleepy drunk. Or so I'm told. He asked if I wanted to take out the 'skis. He's not moving as much, but that might be because more coughing is involved. Plus I think we caught him as he was napping. He has fewer tubes today. He's down to insulin, potasium, saline, and electrolytes/sugar. And monitors are down to heart rate and blood oxygen. His physical therapist said today would be more fun today without all the teathers. Then we had to leave and miss the fun.
The physical therapist says they had Dad sitting up on the side of his bed. He was wobbly but managed to stay up. They've been working on range of motion. Mom and I are supposed to help him move his arms and legs several times per day. I guess that means at the beginning and end of each visit.
Now that he's not on a lot of other meds one of his doctors decided to start his blood pressure meds again. I guess they no longer need a lot of brain profusion.
I make comments, but they don't stick. So glad your dad is improving each day.
ReplyDeleteThat was fun (time consuming, but fun). We are going to Cortney's wedding this afternoon and thinking about Don's physical therapy sessions.
ReplyDeleteglad Dad's doing so much better Donnie, thanks for the update. When dad is out of the hospital we can definitely take out the 'skis. I'll be the official family videographer.
ReplyDeleteThe video I shot from the last trip is hilarious! In fact, I just showed it to Jake the other day and even he laughed. ;-)
I saw that video too and just loved it!
ReplyDeleteSo glad to hear how much he is improving. Keep up the good work you guys - he's got some pretty good trainers.
Why doesn't this thing give my name too?
ReplyDeletewpioneer (Bettie?), I think you need to go into your account settings and change "Display Name" to whatever you want to show in your comments. I think the default is your login name, which is why wpioneer1 is showing up. Give that a try. ;-)
ReplyDelete